I’m still shaking my head wondering what Obama and Reid were thinking when they asked Congress to move forward and pass the DREAM Act during the current Lame Duck Session. Maybe I’m wrong in thinking that American citizens, who voted on November 2nd, did not want Amnesty.
Here are some excerpts from the Act, commentary included. I’ve pulled this information from the Dream Act of 2010 text located online at the Library of Congress. I’m sure you’ll get my point or points.
Current Requirements –
- Alien has been in the U.S. for no less than 5 years, but alien is undocumented and has no proof. Yes, illegal immigrants are referred to as “aliens” .
- Alien came with parents or others illegally prior to being the age of 16, but again, alien is undocumented and has no proof.
- Alien has been a person of “good moral character” – according to individuals like Harry Reid, Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters and who?
- Alien is younger than 35 years of age on the date of the enactment of this DREAM Act. Thought this was for children?
- Obtain an education in the US and we’ll grant you citizenship? Huh, do we have issues recruiting individuals to go to college? Is there a shortage of American Citizens who want to receive an education? Spaces in public colleges are often insufficient for qualified citizens, so we want you to join in the insufficiency. Oh yea, and yes, you are eligible for Higher Education Assistance.
- Serve in the United States military for 2 years and we’ll give you citizenship. You came her illegally, but if you serve the Country that you’ve already broken the law in, then you can be a citizen. Huh, how do we allow non-citizens to serve and defend a country they hold no loyalty to?
Hello Mr. Taliban, you too can serve in the U.S. Military with the Dream Act.
Wait there is more…
If you provide false statements on your application, no worries! You’ll receive a fine or imprisoned for no more than 5 years or both – NOT DEPORTATION.
“If the Secretary Likes You!” we have a… “Hardship Exception”
The Secretary of Home Land Security may remove or extend the “conditional resident” status at discretion. Which means, amnesty with no requirements- congratulations, you are now a permanent resident.
Oh yea, one more little benefit, here is your free pass to go to the front of the line, in front of all those who came to our Country legally and have been waiting.
Why not just call this the “Amnesty for under 35 Act”? Supporters don’t want to grant old people amnesty, which would be creating additional financial hardship on our already financially strapped nation! I’m thinking supporters also think that people over 35 don’t vote and “the younger generation” is easily purchased.
Call Your Representative Today! Let them know, you don’t support Amnesty for those under 35 aka The Dream Act.
I can’t wait until 2012.